One of the tips I often provide companies is how to resurrect old content to drive new traffic. If you’ve been blogging for long, you have a lot of great content – and much of it may still be relevant to readers. There’s no reason you can’t resurrect this content to build traffic for your site and drive business to your company.
6 formas de resucitar contenido
- A través de su próxima publicación: Do you ever refer to old posts in your latest posts? Why not? If you’ve written some great content that’s applicable to the current post, you should throw a link in there. Additionally, you may even wish to add a related posts plugin (my favorite WordPress related posts plugin is actually found here). Providing related posts can resurrect posts from both a search engine standpoint (since you’ve got a link via your home page) as well as increase your pages per visit on site.
- A través de motores de búsqueda: Compre una suscripción de un día a SEOpivot. Run the report against your blog and you’ll be provided a list of posts with relevant keywords that the post is found for. Optimize the post title, meta description and first few words of the post to incorporate the keywords and republish. As long as you have a Sitemap plugin installed, this will notify the search engine of the change and your post will be re-indexed, most likely at a much better rank.
- A través de Twitter: There’s a lot of tweetin’ going on. You may have grown your following quite a bit since the last time you posted a blog post over on Twitter to share with your network. Announce it again (but let followers know it was a retweet), by stating… “This was my most popular post last month on [insert subject]. If folks hadn’t read it, they may now!
- A través de StumbleUpon: You shouldn’t just promote your own content on StumbleUpon… you should participate in the community and stumble other sites as well (you won’t regret it… I’ve found a ton of cool resources there). However, from time to time, promoting old content that hasn’t been tropezado antes puede generar un gran tráfico.
- A través de Facebook: Facebook pages and personal profiles is a great place to repost older content that’s still valid. The Facebook stream is just that… a stream… and when you wait a while, you can re-introduce great content back in the stream and have it generate a lot of attention all over again.
- A través de Google+: Don’t count out the small but dedicated community of conversations happening in Google+. Because less people are actively engaged in it actually provides you with more of an opportunity to be found and shared within that community!
If you’ve got a blog with lots of great content, resurrecting content should be an ongoing strategy for you. Pushing relevant older content back into the spotlight can drive a lot of additional traffic to your business. Be picky about the content you promote and don’t overwhelm your current fans, followers and subscribers with a lot of repeats… but don’t hesitate to promote a popular post to resurrect it. You’ll be surprised at how valuable old content can be!